There are 15 positions on the Alumni Association Board of Directors, and an Executive Committee consisting of the President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer.
A member of the Board of Directors of the Wesley College Alumni Association, Inc. is elected to hold the position based on demonstrated involvement, support and commitment to Wesley College and the Alumni Association.
In accepting the three-year term, an individual agrees to fulfill the requirements and meet the responsibilities associated with Board membership. These include, but are not limited to:
- Attending and participating in all scheduled Board meetings. These are presently held twice per year (generally fall and spring), but additional meetings and conference calls may be called as necessary. Meetings are usually held on a Saturday and each meeting may last two to four hours.
- Serving actively on the Alumni Board and Alumni Association Committees. Occasionally, committee meetings may be held in conjunction with board meetings but may also be held at other times throughout the year.
- Becoming a representative and spokesperson in your community for Wesley College and the Alumni Association. This task may involve talking with prospective students, meeting with other alumni, communicating with area legislators, attending local alumni chapter events, and more.
- Assisting the College and the Alumni Association in identifying, cultivating, and involving alumni in areas such as student recruitment, job placement, legislative advocacy, chapter leadership, financial support, and more.
- Representing the College and the Alumni Association at institutional and alumni activities and programs, both locally and on campus whenever possible.
- Being familiar with the programs and activities sponsored, organized and coordinated by the Office of Alumni Affairs.
- Serving in an advisory and advocacy capacity on behalf of the Office of Alumni Affairs staff and providing active support of the Alumni Association through resolutions and board advocacy.
- Accepting leadership and participatory roles in College and Association programs and activities as needed and working closely with alumni staff on behalf of College and Association objectives including Wesley College’s Mission Statement.
- Contributing financially to the College and/or the Alumni Association. All Board members are expected to be current donors. The Alumni Board has a proud tradition of 100% giving to the Annual Wesley Fund and expects that all members help uphold that tradition.
2012-2013 Alumni Association Board of Directors
- Chad Robinson ’05 - President
- Kirsten Higgins ’98 - Vice President
- Courtney Stewart ’04, M’06 - Secretary
- Kevin Yingling ’96 - Treasurer
- Stephanie Smith Christiano ’98 - Immediate Past President
Class of 2013
- Kevin Yingling ’96
- Allison (Snyder) Gudeman ’98
- Lynn Schmid Knable ’67
- L. Jane MacDonald ’60
- Stephanie Smith Christiano ’98
Class of 2014
- Tom Trento ’75
- Courtney Stewart ’04, M'06
- Brad Gudeman ’95
- Anne (Pittinger) Buckler ’62
- Kirsten Higgins ’98
Class of 2015
- Lisa (Mizell) Taillon ’94/’05
- Joe Cuccinello ’95
- Kristi (Wallace) Schultz ’95
- Matthew Lindell ’03
- Chad Robinson ’05
To learn more about Alumni Board membership, please contact the Director of Alumni Relations. If you wish to nominate yourself or a fellow alumnus for the Board of Directors, please download the Candidate Application form (PDF).